noun (plural same)
- A young salmon or trout between the stages of fry and smolt, distinguished by dark rounded patches evenly spaced along its sides.More example sentences
- There is significant shift in the MHC composition of trout red muscle between parr and smolts.
- Salmon parr in the wild will naturally come across patches of substrate of similar color to the marble chips used in this experiment.
- Quantitative analysis of duty cycle shows a significant increase in duty cycle at each position between parr and smolts.
early 18th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of parrDefinition of parr in:
- The British & World English dictionary