- A unit of distance used in astronomy, equal to about 3.26 light years (3.086 × 1013 kilometers). One parsec corresponds to the distance at which the mean radius of the earth’s orbit subtends an angle of one second of arc.More example sentences
- But cosmologists are so comfortable with millions and billions that none of them feel the urge to invent a unit much beyond the light-year or the parsec.
- I mean, all the ones that I've looked at so far are within 100 parsecs of 300 light years of the Sun.
- For reference, one parsec is around three light years.
More definitions of parsecDefinition of parsec in:
- The British & World English dictionary