Definition of parsley in English:
A biennial plant with white flowers and aromatic leaves that are either crinkly or flat and used as a culinary herb and for garnishing food.
- Petroselinum crispum, family Umbelliferae (or Apiaceae; the parsley family). Members of this family have their flowers arranged in umbels and are known as umbellifers; typical members include hogweed and hemlock as well as many food plants and herbs (carrot, parsnip, celery, fennel, anise)
- Finely chop the shallots, garlic, basil, celery, parsley and beetroot and place in a bowl.
- Add the balsamic vinegar, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper to the frying pan and bring to the boil.
- I am now the proud owner of all the fresh basil, bay leaves, thyme, sage and parsley a girl could want.
Definition of parsley in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan