- A category to which a word is assigned in accordance with its syntactic functions. In English the main parts of speech are noun, pronoun, adjective, determiner, verb, adverb, preposition, conjunction, and interjection.More example sentences
- Stress placement in English may also change the part of speech of a word.
- A wide variety of lesson plans are linked, including interactive lessons on teaching adverbs, conjunctions, and the parts of speech.
- I am working on a book about the parts of speech - that's right, nouns, verbs, interjections and all the rest.
More definitions of part of speechDefinition of part of speech in:
- The British & World English dictionary