- A derivative of a function of two or more variables with respect to one variable, the other(s) being treated as constant.More example sentences
- In this section, we explain the Hadamard transform and prove a number of technical lemmas expressing the partial derivatives of the likelihood function.
- But the concept of variation in this case is just that of a derivative, or more precisely, that of a partial derivative, with respect to each population's probability of extinction.
- Cursory examination of run times also supports the importance of computing partial derivatives analytically rather than numerically.
More definitions of partial derivativeDefinition of partial derivative in:
- The British & World English dictionary