- The ratio of the concentrations of a solute in two immiscible or slightly miscible liquids, or in two solids, when it is in equilibrium across the interface between them.More example sentences
- Such estimates may not compare well with field observations of retardation if the reaction does not reach equilibrium or if the equilibrium partition coefficient varies with concentration.
- The LUV showed no concentration dependence for the partition coefficient, but cell monolayers could change, theoretically.
- The equilibrium partition coefficient is inferred from the average reduction of channel conductance in the presence of PEG; rates of polymer exchange between the pore and the bulk are estimated from PEG-induced conductance noise.
More definitions of partition coefficientDefinition of partition coefficient in:
- The British & World English dictionary