Definition of party pooper in English:
A person who throws gloom over social enjoyment: I hate to be a party pooper, but I’ve got to catch the last train
More example sentences
- ‘Man, Ty, you've become a real party-pooper since you changed rooms,’ said Colton.
- He's one of the best American singer/songwriters to come along in a while and can easily take up residency alongside the aforementioned party-poopers.
- He denied the police were being party-poopers.
- Example sentences
- Two party-pooping California researchers have found that the familiar tingle on the tongue caused by the fizzy drink revelers love to guzzle as they toast the New Year is no pleasure at all.
- There's simply zero tolerance for that kind of party-pooping.
- It would be the worst kind of party-pooping to cancel an event based on unfounded fears of what might happen.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan