noun (plural same)Ballet
- A jump in which each foot in turn is raised to the opposite knee.More example sentences
- ‘In the first entrance, she's got to sparkle and to transmit that in her pas de chat - very fast legs, so the audience is almost caught unawares,’ he says.
- Large hairy males, concentrating intensely, went about en pointe, making all the right moves, pliés and lifts, an elegant pas de chat.
- I don't recall having particular problems with this pas de chat, so I never did anything special for it.
French, literally 'step of a cat'.
More definitions of pas de chatDefinition of pas de chat in:
- The British & World English dictionary