noun (plural paseos)
- 1A leisurely walk or stroll, especially one taken in the evening; a promenade (used with reference to the tradition of taking such a walk in Spain or Spanish-speaking communities).More example sentences
- Besides sitting still, the only other vital Madrid pastime is the paseo, the evening city stroll.
- It seemed so quintessentially Spanish; the country of the paseo, the promenade, has an instinctively social culture, and its faith in public solidarity has proved vibrant at the very point of most threat.
- 1.2A plaza or walkway for strolling.More example sentences
- At night its wide, sweeping paseos are filled with locals taking their evening walk before heading for something to eat.
- The paseo is busy in the early morning with elderly swimmers, at lunchtime with office workers and late at night with African women sitting in circles like daubs of luminous paint.
- Paseos can be wide and the premiere destination for city life, or they can be narrow and offer intimate dining.
Spanish, literally 'step'.
More definitions of paseoDefinition of paseo in:
- The British & World English dictionary