Definition of passion fruit in English:
The edible purple fruit of a kind of passionflower that is grown commercially, especially in tropical America. Also called granadilla.
- This fruit is obtained from Passiflora edulis, family Passifloraceae
- In a blender, combine the passion fruit pulp, passion fruit juice, coconut milk, lemon juice, and lime juice.
- A snootful of tropical fruit - passion fruit, guanabana - becomes smooth and, surprisingly, only slightly sweet on the palate, with notes of cooked white raisins and creme brulee.
- St Augustine's pupils won with a cheesy mushroom filo tartlet, wok tossed lime and chilli chicken on ginger and garlic noodles and a passion fruit and strawberry trifle.
Words that rhyme with passion fruitjackfruit • breadfruit
Definition of passion fruit in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan