- A bishop’s crozier.More example sentences
- Abbots, abbesses and bishops were buried with their croziers, the pastoral staffs symbolic of their office.
- After handing over his pastoral staff to the Bishop of Hull, he left the Minster with only his domestic chaplain and verger - symbolising his separation from the diocese and the end of his tenure as Archbishop.
- It is interesting to note that it was on his last journey on the continent, from Germanus to Rome, that, according to tradition, he got his famous Bachaill Iosa, Staff of Jesus, his pastoral staff, which is still preserved.
More definitions of pastoral staffDefinition of pastoral staff in:
- The British & World English dictionary