- A board in a switchboard, computer, or other device with a number of electric sockets that can be connected in various combinations.More example sentences
- In the case of electrical machines, this was done typically by plugging wires into sockets on a patch panel (computing machines whose function is determined in this way are referred to as ‘program-controlled’).
- A recent carrier business case study looked at a network with a discrete network element configuration totaling 23 bays, including MSPPs, DWDM, ATM, IP router, GigE switch, and patch panel / interconnections.
- I calmly replied, ‘Gee sir, those are switches… the patch panel is over here.‘
More definitions of patch panelDefinition of patch panel in:
- The British & World English dictionary