1An aromatic oil obtained from a Southeast Asian shrub and used in perfumery, insecticides, and medicine.
- You can also add 5 drops of patchouli essential oil, which is a great antimicrobial and deodorant.
- For a sensuous bath, try sandalwood, rose, ylang-ylang, patchouli, neroli or jasmine.
- Most essential oils are clear, but some oils such as patchouli, orange and lemongrass are amber or yellow in color.
2The strongly scented shrub of the mint family from which this oil is obtained.
- Pogostemon cablin, family Labiatae
- For example, patchouli and thyme have a dark color; lavender has a light, golden hue; and rosemary is clear.
Mid 19th century: from Tamil.
Definition of patchouli in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.