- Leather with a glossy varnished surface, used chiefly for shoes, belts, and purses.More example sentences
- Opt for black patent leather shoes or simple black leather if you don't want to spend money on a new pair.
- Fabrics are conspicuous and exuberant: velvets, patent leather and faux crocodile leather.
- I had removed my patent leather shoes after a while, for they foundered badly in the sand.
More definitions of patent leatherDefinition of patent leather in:
- The British & World English dictionary