adverb[usually as submodifier]
- Clearly; without doubt: these claims were patently false a law that is patently ridiculousMore example sentences
- Which means the US Empire is already on the wane - bad news for George W. Bush, who patently enjoys being Emperor.
- Victory over Celtic this afternoon would ease the strain he is patently under.
- There are cases in the eastern States where plaintiffs have succeeded, notwithstanding the risks involved have been patently obvious.
More definitions of patentlyDefinition of patently in:
- The British & World English dictionary