nounchiefly North American
- A court case held to establish formally the identity of a child’s father, typically in order to require the man to support the child financially.More example sentences
- About a year after we married, my husband told me he was being sued in a paternity suit having to do with a one-night stand before we met.
- At various times he has been charged with assault and resisting arrest; he has been hit with a paternity suit.
- The driving incident came after the rapper went off in a courtroom in an earlier incident after being served with a paternity suit.
More definitions of paternity suitDefinition of paternity suit in:
- The British & World English dictionary