- Regard or treat (someone or something) as psychologically abnormal or unhealthy.More example sentences
- ‘It's important that we don't pathologize Aboriginal people,’ she adds.
- We need to take psychiatrically labeled people in our communities seriously, not patronize or pathologize them.
- They cannot champion gun ownership or housewifery because their theories pathologize those choices.
- More example sentences
- I'm torn over the pathologization of high-tech interruptions.
- The sitter's intense glance back at the viewer somehow disallows objectification, as well as any pathologization.
- The pervasive pathologization of the healthy workings of the female reproductive system irks me to a great degree, and I applaud the authors for challenging it.
More definitions of pathologizeDefinition of pathologize in:
- The British & World English dictionary