Definition of patricide in English:
1The killing of one’s father.
- Infanticide, patricide, suicide, gender bias, and substance abuse - are all to be found in various animal species.
- It's about fratricide, patricide, matricide - the ultimate dysfunctional family.
- The erstwhile history of Muslim rulers with their tendency towards fratricide and patricide was again upon the Mughals.
- Example sentences
- What could twelve murderous, incestuous, patricidal, wrathful, neurotic deities possibly find to loathe about Pan?
- But the current younger generation, at least as it is on view here, doesn't have any of the patricidal or matricidal tendencies that young artists used to have.
- His flaming patricidal letter never came off the press, and his poem of political protest also did not see the light of day either in its entirety or in its original form in his own life time.
Definition of patricide in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia