- Ground showing a pattern of stones, fissures, and vegetation, typically forming polygons, rings, or stripes caused by repeated freezing and thawing.More example sentences
- On a smaller scale, the periglacial landscape possesses a diversity of patterned ground phenomena, including circles, stripes, and nets.
- By adjusting certain parameters in the model, Kessler and Werner reproduced the full range of stone patterns that make up what scientists call sorted patterned ground.
- That strongly suggests that these areas of patterned ground have a glacial origin, says Klima.
More definitions of patterned groundDefinition of patterned ground in:
- The British & World English dictionary