Definition of payable in English:
1(Of money) required to be paid; due: interest is payable on the money owing send a check, payable to the ASPCA
More example sentences
- The money was payable as a lump sum, quantified in advance, when it could not be foreseen what damages might have to be paid in the event of an accident.
- As a general rule in English law, there is no need to give notice if a sum of money is payable on a particular day.
- There is no tax relief on contributions but no tax is payable on receiving the lump sum.
noun(payables) Back to top
Debts owed by a business; liabilities.
- Important clues are also certainly found on the liability side, with unusual increases in account payables or increased debt levels.
- The secretarial, payroll, payables and receivables employees are typically nonexempt.
- Get back to basics like inventory control, receivables, payables, and cash flow - all of those boring things that people have nearly forgotten about in the new economy.
Words that rhyme with payablesayable
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.