- The length of time required for an investment to recover its initial outlay in terms of profits or savings.More example sentences
- Getting any train operator on board for such investment would require a payback period possible in only a very long franchise.
- The analyst first investigated the payback period, which was defined as the length of time required to recover the cost of an investment.
- The payback period for investments in alternative energy sources is long.
More definitions of payback periodDefinition of payback period in:
- The British & World English dictionary