Definition of payday lender in English:
A company that lends customers small amounts of money at high interest rates, on the agreement that the loan will be repaid when the borrower receives their next paycheck: payday lenders have been criticized for setting loan terms that keep cash-strapped borrowers in perpetual debt
More example sentences
- The new rules became effective in July, and let payday lenders and car title lenders charge a $10 origination fee per $100 loaned, up to a limit of $30 for a loan of any amount.
- Expect business at payday lenders and pawn shops to increase, for instance.
- Fifty-four percent of us have no bank account or are still using check cashing places, money orders and payday lenders.
payday lending noun
- Example sentences
- The acquired stores are all multi-product locations offering check cashing, payday lending and pawn brokering services.
- Most who turn to payday lending have poor or limited credit history.
- Payday lending was an innovation created to serve an underrepresented market segment.
Definition of payday lender in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan