Definition of peacemaker in English:
A person who brings about peace, especially by reconciling adversaries.
- In recent years, groups of children have taken on the roles of peacemakers in bringing forward personal causes for peace.
- Enter no arguments, not even as a peacemaker, referee or umpire.
- There are those who would say that Christianity really requires us to be peacemakers and to be Pacifists.
- Example sentences
- After eight years of peacemaking, they're pretty much back where they started, although with a lot more mutual distrust.
- It covers a period of thirteen years on all the tracks, and it ends with some general reflections on the perils and pitfalls of peacemaking.
- There are three main problems with this approach to peacemaking.
Pronunciation: /ˈpēsˌmākiNG/noun& adjective
Words that rhyme with peacemakerdealmaker • hitmaker • filmmaker • kingmaker
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan