A person who encourages or advocates peaceful conduct towards other nations or groups: he never had the reputation of a peacemonger
More example sentences
- He was never a peacemonger thereafter in public or in private.
- An RAF veteran who introduced himself as 'not a peacemonger' talked about his sons in the Black Watch.
- Every Labour leader says he is a 'peacemonger'.
peacemongering noun & adjective
- Example sentences
- The right-wing press are being a lot cagier in their peacemongering now.
- I was predisposed to peace-mongering long before I met Dr. King.
- This is not your usual peace-mongering antiwar film.
Definition of peacemonger in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.