Definition of peafowl in English:
A large crested pheasant native to Asia. See peacock, peahen.
- Two genera and three species in the family Phasianidae, in particular the widely introduced common peafowl (Pavo cristatus)
- A final goal was to determine if the grey peacock pheasant is a pheasant or a peafowl.
- Other birds which are grouped with the pheasant include peacock-pheasant and peafowl.
- In fact, it is only a matter of time before an accident is caused by a driver attempting to avoid a peafowl.
Words that rhyme with peafowlgamefowl • wildfowl
Definition of peafowl in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.