Definition of peafowl in English:
A large crested pheasant native to Asia. See peacock, peahen.
- Two genera and three species in the family Phasianidae, in particular the widely introduced common peafowl (Pavo cristatus)
- A final goal was to determine if the grey peacock pheasant is a pheasant or a peafowl.
- Other birds which are grouped with the pheasant include peacock-pheasant and peafowl.
- In fact, it is only a matter of time before an accident is caused by a driver attempting to avoid a peafowl.
Definition of peafowl in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan