- A finely laminated mixture of ferrite and cementite present in cast iron and steel, formed by the cooling of austenite.More example sentences
- The structure now consists of free cementite and pearlite.
- Ductility and impact properties are principally determined by the proportions of ferrite and pearlite in the matrix.
- It is important to note that higher silicon contents can promote pearlite and may increase the nickel requirement.
More definitions of pearliteDefinition of pearlite in:
- The British & World English dictionary