Definition of pearlwort in English:
A small plant of the pink family, with inconspicuous white flowers, native to north temperate regions.
- Genus Sagina, family Caryophyllaceae
- Even Antarctica's only two species of flowering plants, hairgrass and pearlwort, have changed their positions of dominance: the moss-like pearl-wort appears more adaptable to the warming.
- Detailed studies of the leaf micromorphology in the Antarctic pearlwort were carried out.
- Only two vascular plants, Antarctic hairgrass and Antarctic pearlwort, have colonized the Maritime Antarctic.
Definition of pearlwort in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan