adjective (pearlier, pearliest)
- 1Resembling a pearl in luster or color: the pearly light of a clear, still dawnMore example sentences
- Hector shut his eyes, to see his inner world, a blaze of swirling pearly colours.
- Chris's green eyes glittered, and a smile played across his pearly teeth as he ran his hands ran through his short black hair.
- She has taken the last few days off, however, because she has just had her teeth bleached pearly white.
- 1.1Containing or adorned with pearls or mother-of-pearl.More example sentences
- In his own defence, he discloses that, though he is a Londoner to his pearly suit, he is nevertheless one-eighth Scottish on his mother's side, which doesn't even qualify him for a clan tartan.
- • informal A person’s teeth.More example sentences
- Then, fully conscious, I could feel the dentist working away at my pearlies and finally pulling them out.
- His teeth were rows of perfectly set pearly whites, and he had a dimple in his left cheek.
- Ironically, excessive bleaching can turn pearly whites into an unnatural translucent blue.
More definitions of pearlyDefinition of pearly in:
- The British & World English dictionary