- It involves removing the breast and the lymph nodes but leaving the pectoral chest muscles intact.
- Cyprinodon diabolis has 17 pectoral rays, 12 dorsal rays and 28 caudal rays.
- There are 11 dorsal spines and 17 pectoral rays that help to distinguish it from the closely related Amphiprion percula.
- The combined training group also completed 4 strengthening exercises targeting the pectorals, latissimus dorsi, gluteals, and quadriceps for 45 minutes.
- The fact that they are middle-aged men - the lines on their faces as chiseled as their biceps, triceps and pectorals - adds to the curiosity the images elicit.
- Your cardiovascular system is composed of your heart, arteries etc, whilst your muscular system is made up of your biceps, pectorals, deltoids etc.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'breastplate'): from Latin pectorale 'breastplate', pectoralis 'of the breast', from pectus, pector- 'breast, chest'.
Words that rhyme with pectoralelectoral, prefectoral, protectoral
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.