- Each of a pair of fins situated on either side just behind a fish’s head, helping to control the direction of movement during locomotion. They correspond to the forelimbs of other vertebrates.More example sentences
- Paired pectoral fins and a dorsal fin were present, and the caudal fin was asymmetrical with a large upper lobe.
- One of the fossil's most intriguing aspects is the large, paired spines on the shark's pectoral fins, the side fins used for steering.
- Look at the shape and size of the dorsal fin, pectoral fins, and the caudal fin.
More definitions of pectoral finDefinition of pectoral fin in:
- The British & World English dictionary