Definition of pedestrianize in English:
Close (a street or area) to traffic, making it accessible only to pedestrians: the ancient center of the town was pedestrianized
More example sentences
- There has been considerable talk about the need to pedestrianise streets in the town centre.
- The council is planning to pedestrianise the street and some side streets in the area from 11 am to 7pm six days a week.
- The project will not pedestrianise the area, as previously planned, but the streets will be dramatically altered.
- Example sentences
- Chamber did not want a trial basis of pedestrianisation.
- We also remain astounded at the amount of money being spent on the pedestrianisation of Kendal, when we have yet to hear from a resident of the town who actually thinks it is a good idea!
- Six people are not in favour of pedestrianisation at all.
Definition of pedestrianize in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India