Definition of pelargonium in English:
A tender shrubby plant that is widely cultivated for its red, pink, or white flowers. Some kinds have fragrant leaves that yield an essential oil. See also geranium.
- Genus Pelargonium, family Geraniaceae: many species and several hybrid groups, including the zonal pelargoniums (P. × hortorum), with rounded leaves bearing colored zones, and the trailing ivy-leaved pelargoniums (P. peltatum)
- I love plants in season - old roses are a summer favourite - and I've got delphiniums, pelargoniums, agapanthus, tulips, silver birch, to name a few.
- It looks good with hot pink pelargoniums and impatiens, and white nemesia to cool down the arrangement.
- I don't mean the common sort of bedding where dwarf box is used to make lettering and patterns are made of conventional bedding plants like begonias and pelargoniums.
Modern Latin, from Greek pelargos 'stork', apparently on the pattern of geranium (based on Greek geranos 'crane').
Words that rhyme with pelargoniumammonium, euphonium, harmonium, pandemonium, plutonium, polonium, zirconium
Definition of pelargonium in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.