A tender shrubby plant that is widely cultivated for its red, pink, or white flowers. Some kinds have fragrant leaves that yield an essential oil. See also geranium.
- Genus Pelargonium, family Geraniaceae: many species and several hybrid groups, including the zonal pelargoniums (P. × hortorum), with rounded leaves bearing colored zones, and the trailing ivy-leaved pelargoniums (P. peltatum)
More example sentences
- I love plants in season - old roses are a summer favourite - and I've got delphiniums, pelargoniums, agapanthus, tulips, silver birch, to name a few.
- It looks good with hot pink pelargoniums and impatiens, and white nemesia to cool down the arrangement.
- I don't mean the common sort of bedding where dwarf box is used to make lettering and patterns are made of conventional bedding plants like begonias and pelargoniums.
Definition of pelargonium in:
- The British & World English dictionary