- The main field or group of cyclists in a race.More example sentences
- As I said earlier, Australia has so many great cyclists in the peloton, yet there are only five slots.
- The nine-man breakaway is finally caught by the first of the two pelotons with the second peloton around a minute back.
- It is a week of racing that draws the most interest from spectators and media and is also the week of racing that hosts the strongest pelotons to race on North American soil.
1950s: from French, literally 'small ball' (because of the concentrated grouping of the pack).
More definitions of pelotonDefinition of peloton in:
- The British & World English dictionary