- Each of a pair of fins on the underside of a fish’s body, attached to the pelvic girdle and helping to control direction. Also called ventral fin.More example sentences
- They have one caudal fin, one dorsal fin, two pelvic fins, one anal fin, and two pectoral fins.
- Small deviations from the natural model were made in the pectoral fins, the size of the dorsal and anal fins, and the omission of the first dorsal fin, pelvic fins and finlets.
- The posterior part of their caudal fin and pelvic fins are black.
More definitions of pelvic finDefinition of pelvic fin in:
- The British & World English dictionary