- (In vertebrates) the enclosing structure formed by the pelvis, providing attachment for the hind limbs or pelvic fins.More example sentences
- The femur, in the thigh, articulates at the hip joint with the pelvic girdle, linking the legs to the vertebral column via the sacro-iliac joints.
- Incomplete jaws, premaxilla, postorbital and other cranial fragments; some isolated postcranial material, including one half neural arch, dorsal portions of pectoral and pelvic girdles, a humerus, and femoral and tibial fragments.
- In some frogs, stride length is further increased by symmetrical forward movement of the entire pelvic girdle relative to the vertebral column.
More definitions of pelvic girdleDefinition of pelvic girdle in:
- The British & World English dictionary