- Inflammation of the female genital tract, accompanied by fever and lower abdominal pain.More example sentences
- Meckel's diverticulum, cecal diverticulitis, inflammatory bowel disease, pelvic inflammatory disease, and endometriosis can cause false-positive ultrasound results.
- Several case studies and one randomised controlled trial have shown that screening significantly reduces the prevalence of genital tract infections and pelvic inflammatory disease in women.
- This combination product is indicated for treatment of moderate to severe infections such as appendicitis, skin and skin structure infection, pelvic inflammatory disease, and pneumonia.
More definitions of pelvic inflammatory diseaseDefinition of pelvic inflammatory disease in:
- The British & World English dictionary