- A skin disease in which watery blisters form on the skin.More example sentences
- He has made important contributions in autoantibody-mediated disease in pemphigus and pemphigoid.
- For example, rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, and pemphigus occur more often in middle-aged people or sometimes in young adults.
- The involvement of mucous membranes is much less common with bullous pemphigoid than in pemphigus vulgaris, with blisters that are less easily ruptured.
late 18th century: modern Latin, from Greek pemphix, pemphig- 'bubble'.
More definitions of pemphigusDefinition of pemphigus in:
- The British & World English dictionary