(Of a gene or group of genes) producing characteristic effects in the phenotypes of individuals possessing it.
- Of the 230 mutants, 55 fell into the first class and we continued the characterization of 36 of these mutants that had highly penetrant mutant phenotypes.
- In a primary screen, we collected mutant lines in which the test females showed a significantly more penetrant sterile phenotype than did females of the sensitive background alone.
- Because of the difficulties associated with performing genetics on partially penetrant mutations, this mutant will not be discussed further in this paper.
A substance that can penetrate cracks, pores, and other surface defects.
- Use latex products, penetrants, or breathable epoxy generic materials designed to reduce the emission of water vapor from the slab.
- There are basically two types of water repellents: films and penetrants.
- Unique to such a thick oil are penetrants designed to reach deep within to all points of the chain.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of penetrant in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.