Definition of pennycress in English:
A weed of the cabbage family, similar to shepherd’s purse but with deeply notched, flat round pods. Native to Europe, it has become well established in North America.
- Thlaspi arvense, family Brassicaceae
- Scout winter wheat fields for winter broadleaf weeds such as field pennycress and tansy mustard.
- The worst weeds in winter wheat are those that germinate in the fall with the crop - downy brome, jointed goatgrass, volunteer rye, blue mustard, tansy mustard, field pennycress, wild mustard, and shepherd's purse.
- Weeds like pennycress, downy brome, mustards, cheatgrass, and shepherd's purse are common in first cut alfalfa.
Definition of pennycress in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia