Definition of pennycress in English:
A weed of the cabbage family, similar to shepherd’s purse but with deeply notched, flat round pods. Native to Europe, it has become well established in North America.
- Thlaspi arvense, family Brassicaceae
- Scout winter wheat fields for winter broadleaf weeds such as field pennycress and tansy mustard.
- The worst weeds in winter wheat are those that germinate in the fall with the crop - downy brome, jointed goatgrass, volunteer rye, blue mustard, tansy mustard, field pennycress, wild mustard, and shepherd's purse.
- Weeds like pennycress, downy brome, mustards, cheatgrass, and shepherd's purse are common in first cut alfalfa.
Definition of pennycress in:
- British & World English dictionary