Definition of pennywort in English:
Any of a number of plants with rounded leaves, in particular.
- ● A creeping perennial of the genus Hydrocotyle, family Umbelliferae: numerous species, including the North American water pennywort (H. americana).
- Smaller herbs are marsh pennywort and camphor weed (both also common in U.S. wetlands).
- Water-starwort makes its particular kind of dimpling, and marsh pennywort makes another.
- You hike through that tunnel of live oak, cool shade and wren song, then climb the stairs that top out on a high dune strewn with pennywort.
Definition of pennywort in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.