Definition of pennywort in English:
Any of a number of plants with rounded leaves, in particular.
- ● A creeping perennial of the genus Hydrocotyle, family Umbelliferae: numerous species, including the North American water pennywort (H. americana).
- Smaller herbs are marsh pennywort and camphor weed (both also common in U.S. wetlands).
- Water-starwort makes its particular kind of dimpling, and marsh pennywort makes another.
- You hike through that tunnel of live oak, cool shade and wren song, then climb the stairs that top out on a high dune strewn with pennywort.
Definition of pennywort in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia