A synthetic compound that is a potent, nonaddictive analgesic, often given during childbirth.
- A tricyclic compound; chemical formula: C19H27NO
More example sentences
- Other medications that have caused occasional interaction during the perioperative period include fentanyl, carbamazepine, and pentazocine.
- Meperidine or pentazocine are recommended by some physicians.
- An expert panel determined, for example, that pain relievers like meperidine and pentazocine carry more risk than benefit for the elderly.
Definition of pentazocine in:
- The British & World English dictionary