- 1An apartment on the top floor of a tall building, typically luxuriously fitted and offering fine views.More example sentences
- Top floor flats are single-storey penthouses, with fully glazed walls opening on to terraces that offer views across Liverpool, the Mersey estuary and the distant Welsh mountains.
- The first time I met him was in his London home: a penthouse, one floor below Michael Caine's, in a gated harbour community in Chelsea.
- One of two apartments on the upper floor, the penthouse has a long, L-shaped entrance hallway, off which is a shelved hot press.
- 2 • archaic An outhouse or shelter built onto the side of a building, having a sloping roof.More example sentences
- Conventionally skinned in metal, the penthouse roof drains to a gutter on the north side.
More definitions of penthouseDefinition of penthouse in:
- The British & World English dictionary