noun (plural pepinos)
- A spiny plant of the nightshade family, with edible, purple-streaked yellow fruit, native to the Andes.
More example sentences
- Solanum muricatum, family Solanaceae
- To assemble the pepino melon, arrange the pepino rinds on a sheet pan.
- Pepinos are high in potassium and are full of vitamin A, B and C.
- Popular in New Zealand, the pepino is becoming common in some United States markets.
mid 19th century: from Spanish, literally 'cucumber' (because of the elongated shape of the fruit).
More definitions of pepinoDefinition of pepino in:
- The British & World English dictionary