- A rich outer robe or shawl worn by women in ancient Greece, hanging in loose folds and sometimes drawn over the head.More example sentences
- Women of Athens wove the peplos or robe to be presented to the statue of Athena Polias on the Acropolis, embroidered with a scene of the battle with the Giants.
- I dried myself the best I could and was hesitant to wrap myself in the peplos and then the himation and finally the veil.
- I was still dressed in my peplos and himation but they were soiled.
More definitions of peplosDefinition of peplos in:
- The British & World English dictionary