Definition of pepper tree in English:
Any of a number of shrubs or trees that have aromatic leaves or fruit with a pepperlike smell, in particular.
- ● An evergreen Peruvian tree of the cashew family, widely grown as a shade tree in hot countries (Schinus molle, family Anacardiaceae).
- He claimed that he could in some sense merge with the insects and the leaves on the pepper tree.
- The pepper tree is a climber; on plantations it is usually grown on other trees - betel, palm, or mango - as its cordlike stems need support.
- Here's a great way to show off the beautiful red berries of the California pepper tree.
Definition of pepper tree in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia