- A bushy vine of the grape family, originally cultivated but now established in much of the southeastern US. It bears blackish fruits sought after by wildlife.
More example sentences
- Ampelopsis arborea, family Vitaceae
- Because the canopy is relatively open here, the vegetation is often overgrown with rattan vine, greenbrier, wild grape, pepper vine, trumpet creeper, Virginia creeper, and poison ivy.
- Examination of the site indicated that potential weed problems included clumps of guineagrass, pepper vine [Ampelopsis arborea (L.) Koehne], passion-flower, and other species.
- The three groups of paleoherbs are Aristolochiales (birthwort, Dutchman's pipe), Piperales (pepper vine, lizard's tails), and Nymphaeales (lotus, waterlilies).