- An enzyme that breaks down peptides into amino acids.More example sentences
- Some bacteria naturally have more of these protease and peptidase enzymes than other bacteria, so careful characterization is necessary to select the strains with the highest level of the desired enzymes.
- This enzyme may also act as a glutamyl peptidase, requiring only water as an acceptor.
- The peptidase activities in the gingival fluid were maintained at lower levels during the experimental period in the test sites, while it reached 70% of that at baseline in the placebo sites.
More definitions of peptidaseDefinition of peptidase in:
- The British & World English dictionary