- A compound consisting of two or more amino acids linked in a chain, the carboxyl group of each acid being joined to the amino group of the next by a bond of the type OCNH.More example sentences
- Among the amino acids of the peptide, the most dramatic change was the Phe residue.
- If there are only two amino acids then the peptide is a dipeptide.
- The peptide contains complementary amino acid sequences, with alternating positive and negative charges.
early 20th century: from German Peptid, back-formation from Polypeptid 'polypeptide'.
More definitions of peptideDefinition of peptide in:
- The British & World English dictionary