- A substance forming the cell walls of many bacteria, consisting of glycosaminoglycan chains interlinked with short peptides.More example sentences
- For instance, the cell walls of all bacteria contain the chemical peptidoglycan.
- This coincidence suggests that the D-amino acids originated in peptidoglycan of bacterial cell walls.
- The cell wall, which is relatively porous, consists of many polymer layers of peptidoglycan connected by amino acid bridges.
More definitions of peptidoglycanDefinition of peptidoglycan in:
- The British & World English dictionary