- By decision of a judge, or of a court in unanimous agreement.More example sentences
- While law geeks everywhere were focused on the nomination today, it is worth noting that the Supreme Court issued two per curiam summary reversals this morning.
- Tradition holds that the court's per curiam opinion in such ties is usually very, very terse, often consisting of no more than a single sentence: ‘The judgment is affirmed by an equally divided court.’
- The court of appeals affirmed per curiam a dismissal by the district court for want of subject matter jurisdiction.
nounBack to top
Latin, literally 'by a court'.
More definitions of per curiamDefinition of per curiam in:
- The British & World English dictionary